We are friends, living in Toscany-Italy. We are facing a common question: what sense will our personal life give to the remained people and the next generation?
We are joined by a common dream: to leave a method of inheritance for the next generation to face the problem of social exclusion and climate changing, giving an example of how things can change starting from the little daily actions of everyone.
Let’s try to enlist some of the most relevant questions:
- Soil consumption: nowadays 40% of the world’s agricultural land is degraded
- Water consumption: recurrent water shortage is increasingly affecting a lot of countries
- Energy issue: debate around nuclear power and the so called alternative sources is a central issue
- Agriculture: the sustainability of the actual productive methods is at the centre of the public debate
- Social evolution: the aging of the population is a strong concern, the insertion in the world of work of the young people, the social exclusion…
- Nature and animals: bees are gradually disappearing, threatening the survival of other species including humans
The problem is complex and involves various fields and expertise. Therefore, we are aware that we are facing a big issue, composed by serious and relevant conditions that need a well-balanced answer.
It is a challenge for our future and for the protection of Nature. We can live without international money but we cannot live without healthy nature. Some problems can be afforded through a technical solution; but the majority of the problems need a holistic approach.
We are convinced that the change can take place if we all make something, if it comes from all of us…a magic wand doesn’t exist nor just one guilty. We all are actors of the climate change.
We have to think well what is the real wellness and happiness.
Apis Habitat comes from a dream of three friends.
We share a common vision and a life project: we believe in a modern and innovative dimension of common living that could be a repeatable prototype that helps in responding to the great concerning the planet safeguarding and our social living.
The aim of the project is to construct a prototype of long-term new life style in terms of ecology and economy which all of us depends on.
The name of our project Apis Habitat comes from a double idea.
On one side, it hints to the purpose of a return to a collective life made of mutual help and collaboration between people with different interests, facing social exclusion as inspired by the world of bees. On the other side, human life cannot exist without bees.